10.01.2004

Home again, home again

Well, I'm home again. Yesterday we drove straight through from Spokane to Jamestown, ND. It only took 15 and a half hours. Fortunately I didn't have to do any of the driving and I was able to finish The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver. Good book.
I'd left my car at the train station in Minot. Mom took me up to get her, but the stupid thing wouldn't start!! Since my Honda (Gelly) has a manual transmission, Mom gave me a pushstart. It was quite a picture: this late-middle aged woman pushing a little roller skate of a car through the Amtrak parking lot. A kind gentleman came along and offered to push my car with his car and she decided to start. I'm not sure what was wrong with her other than having sat for a month. She runs fine now.
10 days until Finland. I bought a Lonely Planet guide to Finland and I'm going to read it cover to cover. Did you know "Huomenta" means "Good morning" in Finnish?

No comments: