9.28.2004

Brrr..

Dang I'm tired. Considering everything that's been packed into the last few days, I guess I have reason to be. Yesterday we went to church and Sunday school and came home for lunch. Then John (my uncle) and Kresha (my cousin) sang in a benefit concert for the Spokane Food Bank. It was a fun little shindig that included a local Celtic group called The Celtic Nots, (good stuff...I almost bought the CD) some opera, (John and Kresha and a friend of theirs named Susan. Kresha sang "Glitter and Be Gay" and she absolutely brought the house down.) gospel, blues/Americana, and the Spokane Children's chorus. We came home around 7:30 and I went for a run while they practiced for their upcoming family concert. Then around 10:00 Kresha, Katie and I went back into town to a little pub called Europa where we met our friend Chris.
Today, Katie and I went back into Spokane and volunteered from 10:00 - 2:00 at Global Folk Art, a really great fair trade global import shop. Afterward we shopped a bit. I finally found a good pair of hiking boots!!!!!!!
I found out two interesting bits on info yesterday. First, Paivi and Marcos and I are going backpacking while I'm in Finland (Yay!!). Second, where Paivi lives in Finland is near the 65th parallel. The North Dakota/Canadian border is at the 49th parallel and we get pretty dang cold. This is gonna be some cold camping. Should be fun!!!

No comments: