9.24.2004

Civilization

I left Holden Village at 1:45 this afternoon. I put my hand out the bus window and waved and waved and my new friends stood and waved and waved until the bus was out of sight. After a bus trip down the mountain, a ferry ride down Lake Chelan, a LinkTransit bus from Chelan to Wenatchee, and a train from Wenatchee to Spokane, I am now at my aunt and uncle's house where I have internet AND a telephone for the first time in three weeks. If you're ever faced with the choice of travelling with a large backpack or a wheeled suitcase, take the backpack. I took the wheeled suitcase, a small backpack and a guitar, plus I had a loaf of Holden bread tucked under my arm. I wasn't moving very fast. Fortunately I didn't have to walk long distances and people were very kind and offered to help me carry things.
I don't have the time or energy to even begin to describe Holden Village. I will say I did some AWESOME hiking. (Including my time in South Dakota, I've hiked 73 miles this summer. I want to break 100 by October. Shouldn't be too hard.) I met wonderful people from all over the world and I want to go back again soon.

2 comments:

UrbanShocker7 said...

Day hike Electric peak, It's only 22 miles round trip, :) Not bad at all. It should just about put you over the 100 mile mark.

Stephanie said...

Where's Electric Peak? Is that in the Spokane area?