8.18.2004

kids

I've decided this blog will be dedicated to my thoughts on what I find when I'm out and about exploring the world. It will be a place where friends and family can check in on me if they want and find out what I've been doing.
Today was pretty uneventful. Both the morning and evening ministries went smoothly. We did a Daniel and the Lion's den puppet show, and I discovered that Glen is quite a good puppeteer.
The weather here is hot and evenings have been beautiful. Glen and I took a stroll downtown after the ministry. There was a group of teenagers gathered outside the arcade and one of them was strumming a guitar. Glen, being the outgoing person he is walked right up to them and started chatting away so I followed meekly along like a puppy dog. One offered to show us the DDR dance machine game, so we went in the arcade with him. The DDR machine has a foot pad that lights up. He chose a fast dance song from the screen and started mvoing his feet as the flashing arrows on the screen dictated. I've never seen such fast nimble feet. We went back out when he was done and someone else was playing the guitar. I think it's cool that the kids in Hot Springs have an arcade to hang out at. There's all sorts of games there, a snack bar, prizes. I thought it was a pretty neat place. My host mom for the week said it's become a place where kids meet to go smoke and drink. Granted I did see a few kids smoking there, but despite the downsides, I think kids still need a place ot hang out.

No comments: