8.27.2004

Home again

Glen and I hiked up Harney's Peak on Saturday. The view at the top is truly amazing. We camped in Spearfish city park that night and drove to ND on Sunday. The Suburban's "check engine" light came on somewhere on I-94, which I found rather ironic. After all, we started the summer with the "check engine" light coming on, which was followed by transmission failure and all sorts of other problems. Fortunately this time nothing was wrong. I think the automotive breakdown gnomes were taking advantage of their last chance to mess with us.
Monday and Tuesday I caught up with friends. Monday night was girl's night at Lisa's (well, her parent's place), and Tuesday was the usual crowd at LCM. And of course Glen and I premiered "Sidewalk Sonday School...Unleashed!" for them. Good times! (Thanks so much for driving up from Fargo, Alycia. It was so good to see you again.)
It was great to be on campus and see old friends and I couldn't help feeling just a bit smug because I DON'T have to get up for class in the morning. I don't have to find a lesson time that fits my schedule or sort out which classes to take when all the ones I want conflict with each other. I don't have any advisors to meet with, books to buy or club fairs to sit at. After five long years, I am FREE!!!

No comments: