11.28.2005

A Good Day

Yesterday was a good day. Here's why:
  • It was Jon's and my "monthiversary" or one-month anniversary. I still adore him....
  • Jon and I rode the carousel in Riverfront Park with Bill and Lynn (Jon's friend from high school and his wife) and Ali (another of Jon's friends from high school.) It was fun.
  • Then we ate at Cyrus O'Leary's and wandered downtown for a bit. I found two good used books at Auntie's bookstore (Berlin: City of Stones by Jason Lutes, and Dakota by Kathleen Norris).
  • We went to Merlyn's and looked around for a bit, then went to the Fair Trade show at the Community Building for some Christmas shopping. I walked into Global Folk Art and Lisa was working alone on a busy Sunday so she asked me to cover for her for five minutes while she took a quick break. I also took the opportunity to pay for my Christmas present from my mother. It's a blue hooded zip-front wool sweater imported from Nepal that I've had my eye on at Global Folk Art for awhile. It's warm, practical, pretty....perfect. I'll wear it for a long time.
  • Jon and I hung out at his apartment and read the books we'd purchased, then walked back downtown to the AMC in Riverpark Square and went to Walk the Line. It's about the life of Johnny Cash and is VERY good. It is among the best love stories of this century. (Jon thought so as well.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, yes it was.