12.17.2004

Almost home and Russian Discos

This will probably be the last entry for a little while....it's been fun here in Berlin...I haven't accomplished all that I wanted...but that's life...my German is a bit better and I've met some totally cool people....BUT I have not yet gone dancing. Tonight is my last chance to go dancing and I'm going to go to a Russian disco in Prenzlauerberg with some friends. Wednesday night was the last day of classes and so after the Christmas party our class ate together at a local German restaurant. (I had roast goose, typical German cuisine). Then after that we went to Stammtisch and I ended up staying the entire night at Cafe Zosch, hanging out with Jennifer and two guys from Poland and listening to this Russian guy playing guitar. Then we went out to breakfast....at 6:00 a.m. It's going to be so strange to come back to the U.S. What if I don't fit in there anymore? Maybe I'll feel strange.....wait...I've always felt strange. I tend not to fit anywhere...but I'm happy that way. Bis spater!!

1 comment:

California Will said...

I'm not sure who said it but its true that you can never truly go home again. Sure the place is still there, but either it's changed a little or you've changed a little, and often both, but inevitably you'll feel like a visitor where once you were home. The feeling passes with time as things settle back to normal but you won't be able to shake the feeling of how much bigger the world is now that you've seen more of it.