9.13.2006

roller coaster

I have what I need, and yet I never stop yearning. What are we longing for?
I'm seeking stability. In 24 years I have not yet managed to create for myself a peaceful place where I am safe and sane. The twenties seem to be the decade of "in-betweens" and "what next?"
I have an income and a place to rest at night. What I need is to stop searching and look at what I have. I need to take the tools and the bits and pieces I've been given and carve out something that will sustain me and those around me.
But the world doesn't seem to stop long enough for me to do that. Life is one long meeting. And then another and another. And every meeting I attend I manage to volunteer myself for something new. It's time to figure out where I'm going, what denomination I really want to be and look toward the future.
It's also time to head home. The janitors are here. I've never been at work this late before.

No comments: