9.07.2006

moving...again

So the really nice couple next door offered to rent a bedroom and bathroom to me for an amount that by Spokane standards is very minimal. I have mixed feelings about no longer being a Westminster House missioner....but I'll still be in the neighborhood.
I happened to mention to my co-workers yesterday that I like to write adn that it would be totally cool to write for the Inlander. Another co-worker who I didn't even realize was in earshot approached me today as I browsed the Spokesman Review in the breakroom and asked about my comment. I told him I'd interned at a newspaper office in highschool and written an article for The Figtree. I also free-lanced for local papers while in college. Turns out he has a connection with the editor of the Inlander and might be able to get me some writing opportunities. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet.

You neglected to mention that last night. That's really cool Steph!

Like totally!

(i should probably add something like "stay cool" and "have a great summer" and "see ya next year" considering the language i used above, but it's already fall... so i won't. But that's way boss and, er, stuff.)

Anonymous said...

That's a great opportunity, Steph! I hope it comes through for you.

~Katie