1.12.2005

sometimes ya just gotta go camping

I can now say I've been camping in January...even if it was in a tent in Matt's basement. But hey, there weren't any mosquitoes and we didn't even need to put the rain fly up. And now I guess I sort of am camping, or actually just living and working at a camp. My first day of "work" included cleaning cabins, attending Joshua Crowder's first birthday party and creating, um.."potato art" on a wall of Larry and Pauline's house. There's a line in "We are the Pirates that don't do Anything", a Veggie Tales song, that goes "..and I've never thrown my mashed potatoes up against a wall!"
Well, that line no longer rings true for me. Now I just have to paint some daisies on a big red rubber ball, lick a spark plug, sniff a stink bug and go to Boston in the fall and I'll be well on my way to be being a Pirate that does stuff!! Anyway, there's plenty to do here at the camp. We have four different retreat groups this weekend. I'm in charge of finding games, stories, lessons, songs, etc to keep a group of various aged youth occupied for an hour and a half next weekend and later on this winter I get to organize a retreat for returning National Guard members and their families!! Busy busy busy busy busy.

No comments: