3.24.2006

Purposeful puzzling

There is purpose in these puzzles we live. The peace of leaving Mountain Gear assures me that my decision to leave was wise. I do not know how to change the business practices that I cannot agree with. I do know that the stress of answering phone calls from angry customers has contributed to the tension in my back. I hope to find other employment that is less stressful and I have not forgotten the dream of a place in West Central for kids to participate in the arts.
I am discovering that sometimes wounds do NOT heal as I thought they had. I remember jumping off the dock at Camp of the Cross in summer 2003. The dams further south had been raised and enough water released to lower the water level to around 3 feet. I discovered this as I landed hard and felt my ankle turn as I hit the mucky bottom. I may have had the camp nurse tape it for me and I limped around after my campers the rest of the week. I assumed it simply healed.
Apparently not. Jon and I went to "V for Vendetta" at the IMAX on Friday. I had a tension headache when we went into the movie and that is all. When we walked out my foot hurt so much I had to limp back to his apartment. This is bizarre and has never happened before, but the chiropractor explained that with chiropractic therapy comes increased nervous system function. For me that means a three year old injury feels as if it happened last week.
And I thought I had a high pain tolerance. So much for THAT thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have an incredible tolerance for pain. A month or so (two? i don't know anymore) at Mountain Gear?

Children's ministry?

Putting up with me for five months (happy five monthiversary, btw)?