1.24.2006

Wanderlust revisited

January is the month of "what if's?" and "what next's?" It seems that every day I learn something new and the world becomes a little broader. Even my little car now feels too small for me. So....what next?
My stint with the Westminster House is over at the end of August 2006. I now have a boyfriend in the mix and I'd rather not spend copious amounts of time far away from him, but I don't want to feel as if I'm trapped in the city of Spokane either.
What next?
Short term staff at Holden Village again?
Another trip to Europe?
Volunteer ministry at The Shelter, a youth hostel in the center of Amsterdam's Red Light District?
Move back to North Dakota for a few weeks?
Bum around, come and go and be ever on the move?
When does Wanderlust end? When does one settle down? And where does one settle down?

I have a magnet that I bought at an art shop in Taos, NM. It has a photo of a rusted VW beetle and it says "If you can't find it where you're at, where will you wander to find it?"

This has always been my moto.

1 comment:

UrbanShocker7 said...

I think this is a quote from Tolkien. Which I have on a shirt which is way cool.

"Not all who wander are lost"

It's fits pretty well for both of us.