4.13.2007

I'm Not Dead Yet! I'm Getting Better!

I was informed last night that internet Stephanie is dead. That's what happens when you don't post to your blog in four months. Well, then. I most certainly am not dead. I've just been a bit mute.
I should be more communicative, so I take last night's comment as a challenge. The gauntlet has been dropped and I must respond.

Since my last post I've begun participating more in the musical life of Manito Presbyterian Church. Not only did I join the choir, but I also started playing flute and guitar on the praise team. It's nice to be involved in music again and many people in the congregation have commented that the flute descant really adds to the music. I didn't realize how much I'd missed playing my flute until I picked it up again.

Jon and I put together a small group focused on discussing different topics in the realm of Peacemaking through Manito's small groups program. We've been a very small group, comprised of Jon, his mom and sister, another member of the congregation and myself. We've discussed so far: environmental justice, womens' rights, racial justice, and poverty issues.

That of course, is not ALL I've been up to, but all I'm posting right now is a tidbit. More later.

No comments: