8.06.2006

Guatemala

I signed onto the 12th delegation from the Presbytery of the Inland Northwest to the Mayan K'ekchi churches in Guatemala. I leave tomorrow with nine other people. We'll be gone until the 18th of August. I fully expect my eyes to be opened and my views of the world to be completely rearranged. I know there is deep poverty in this world, but have I ever REALLY looked poverty in the face? I've heard the heart breaking stories from someone very dear to my heart who has been to Guatemala twice. I've seen the sorrow in his eyes as he speaks of the people he met. Now I go to see for myself. I pray that I may be changed. I pray that somehow I might make some difference in this dark world. Or rather, I pray that God, would make some difference through me.
Right now I'm still struggling to pack.
Father...prepare me.

No comments: